Aquamira Water Treatment Drops 1 oz
The First Choice of serious outdoorsmen, Aquamira Water Treatment Drops treats drinking water using chlorine dioxide. Our chlorine dioxide formula has consistently proven to be effective in clear, muddy, warm and cold water. Small size, portability and long shelf life allows this highly effective treatment method to be easily carried and used by individuals anywhere in the world. Each kit contains everything you need to treat up to 30 gallons of water.
EPA Registered Water Treatment, Aquamira Water Treatment Drops are proven safe and effective. Great for hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, boating, white water, RV’s, travel, home water storage, and emergency kits. Aquamira Water Treatment Drops will not discolor water and will actually improve the taste of treated water.
Chlorine dioxide, a well established disinfectant is the active ingredient in Aquamira® Water Treatment Drops. Chlorine dioxide is iodine and chlorine free. The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.
Aquamira’s key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemical: iodine. Most importantly, chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine, with greater pathogen killing power. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors. Aquamira is also very useful as a preservative for stored drinking water (as with water stored for earthquakes, hurricanes, or other disaster preparedness situations).Test Results:
EPA Type I Water Test Report: Cryptosporidium
- EPA Registered Water Treatment; EPA Reg. No. 9150-9-71766
- Effective and Economical - Treat as much or as little as you need.
- Use with Aquamira Frontier Emergency Water Filter System or Aquamira Water Bottle and Filter for a complete system.
- Economical - 1 kit treats up to 30 gal. (120L) of water.
- Ultra light and compact. (Packaged in 2 x 1oz. bottles with mixing cap)
- Perfect for emergency kits, foreign travel, backcountry, and outdoor activities, and as a preservative for stored water.
- Efficacy of Water Treatment Technologies
- MSDS Part A
- MSDS Part B